The History & Archaeology of Cadia Valley


Archaeological Sites

East & West Cadia Properties, 1878.


The Scottish Australian Mining Company’s plan and section of the East Cadia Property shows the gold workings on Trathen’s Reef, worked in the 1870s, but the sections of the North and South Section of the West Cadia Property show the copper mining, probably up to their closure in 1868. Some of the mine shafts and lodes are named after the property investors or miners.